Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

gopro mount mark 2 and Flesk video



After making my first gopro mount I was asked to make another one for my friend Barry. So I decided to make a mark two version, with a few minor adjustments that I thought might be useful..To start off I got an old metal extendable painting brush, I took off the head and cut it down to size, judging the height by placing it on the back of my kayak and taking a picture.
I simply drilled a few holes in the pipe,
3 at the bottom for the bracket and one at the top for the gopro fitting.

The last mount I made I
milled out the fitting for the gopro but this time I just simply used the
top part of a gopro suction
mount and screwed it onto the top of the pipe. It basically took less than a half an hour to make and is very easy to do. The mount is secured onto the kayak by placing the metal bracket underneath a grab loop and the bolted on by a metal plate. For this mount I have used wing nuts to bolt the mount on. It makes it a lot easier putting on the mount and it saves you from brings spanners on the river.
The pipe is extendable so you can adjust your position of the camera.
I used thinner brackets on this mount which I wouldn't recommend because they bend easily, the last mount had 5-6mm thick metal bracket which was solid, It hit off a few rocks and only bent back a little bit. I also wouldn't recommend using the mount for freestyle, trying loop with this thing on your back is hilariously bad but cartwheeling is ok.
This set up works for Wavesport boats, I'm not too sure if it would for many others but its just some fuel for thought.

After a long wait, it finally started to rain again and just enough to get the rivers to a good level. Colin Wong and I headed out to the flesk in Co. Kerry after work. the river was at 1.2m, a great level. We put on at the upper flesk and rain it all the way down to just before Poll Gorm. It was a savage day on the river and probably the last for a while with the lack of rain. have a look


No comments:

Post a Comment